In an average week, I answer at least 6 emails around the subjects of “Search Engine Optimization” (or SEO), search engine rank, or people just wondering why…
…they have a figurative ‘billboard in the desert’ when it comes to their website being seen by people.
So many people struggle with the fact that they’ve done the work, have the website, it’s out there and READY for their audience…
But then reality hits — hardly anyone sees or visits and they get really sad.
Those who do visit, generally aren’t the right people (i.e. the true audience), either…
Today, I decided to share a real simple reply I just sent that may help you understand SEO, Search Engine Rank and more…
This person built a website using iWeb on the Mac for an owner of 3 rental condos. The owners of the rental condos wants to know why they aren’t showing up in Google.
I’ve taken the names out – the lesson remains.
In terms of helping increase online awareness for the website you built — there are three elements that we need to be considered for Search Engine Optimization or SEO:
1) Original, creative, engaging content.
2) Assuring that the content is written so it’s aligned with the words, or keyword phrase(s), the target audience uses to search in Google.
3) That content needs to be linked from relevant, ranked web pages/places on the Internet, so it grows in the search engine results.
After doing a quick review – it looks like #2 and #3 need some work as the PageRank of the home page of your website is a 0 (0 is the lowest, 10 is the highest, it should be at a 2 or 3 to be competitive with others in this market).
PageRank is a loose way of seeing whether Google thinks the pages within your website are popular or not (generally more popular pages show up higher in the search results).
(REMEMBER: Google ranks web pages, not websites!)
You can learn about PageRank here: http://bit.ly/whynoshow.
Our approach to helping is:
- first, assuring the content is written for conversion (meaning it empathically connects with true audience, empowering them to call, contact, or give an email address),
- then, assuring it’s in alignment with how people are searching, and finally,
- getting it linked from other relevant, ranked places (websites, blogs, business listings, etc).
To learn more about:
1) Writing original, engaging content that empathetically speaks to your audience, watch my educational video on the Create Relationship Blueprint.
2) Aligning content with how people search, watch my educational video on Basic SEO & Google Keyword Research.
3) Understanding how to get continually linked from relevant, ranked places watch my educational video on the 9 Basic Things You Should Have in Play, Online, Today (I call them my Baseline Drives for Online Success).
If you’d like us to help, we’d be happy to! Just let me know.
Thank you so much,